Home
All Categories
Football
Other Sports
General
Blog
Sports Extra

Who Will win the UEFA Super Cup? Join the Conversation!

Chelsea host Liverpool in an all English affair as both teams trade tackles in the UEFA Super Cup tonight at the iconic Vodafone Park in Istanbul, Turkey. It will the first time in the history of the final that two English sides will be squaring up against each other in the final after Liverpool and Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League few months ago.
Liverpool, going into the final have the cup twice in 1977 when the Reds defeated Hamburg 7-1 on aggregate and in 2005 when they defeated CSKA Moscow 3-1(a.e.t). They also featured in the 1978 final but lost to Anderlecht 4-3 on aggregate. For Chelsea, they featured in the 1998 final where they defeated Champions League winners; Real Madrid 1-0 at the Stade Louis II stadium in Monaco. The Blues played in the 2012 and 2013 finals but lost to Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich respectively.

This year’s final is one to look to as the two English sides battle for who will the undisputed Champion of Europe in 2019. Liverpool go into this game having started their Premier League campaign with a 4-1 victory over Norwich and their squad is also strengthened with the return of Sadio Mane. Chelsea appear to be the underdogs going into this match. The Blues lost scandalously to Manchester United on their opening Premier League fixture but will look to look to redeem themselves. It promises to be an exciting match irrespective of the current form or antecedents of both teams in the cup final.
Who will triumph tonight? Join the Conversation!

Liverpool are favorites to win no doubts, It might be a whitewash

i laff out loud when i hear people write of Chelsea, AND IN MY MIND i always say, they cant see it coming… once beaten twice shy

i see this game going 2-2 draw. penalty will be the decider

baba, you guys will chop your L again
Chelsea will suffer this season eehhhhh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

so u feel chelsea will loose because of the first match lose abi

i like it whe people write me off. it puts me at a better advantage. do u remember last season when we lost to man city 6 - 0 in the league. and when we met 2 weeks later at the final, it ended 0 - 0 for 120 mins. this is football, anything can happen

not tonight bro, you guys will chop another L

From the way the match is now it appears Chelsea may eventually win it at the end of 90 minutes. It’s just half time now and Liverpool may decide to turn the game on its head in the second half of the remaining 45 minutes. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, anything can happen. For me I want Liverpool to win it for obvious reasons.

Otunbaforex how market? I told u this is gonna be a draw of 2-2 for 120 mins. So does it look like Liverpool where gonna win if we played another 90mins

Lol… Tonyjazz but Liverpool finally won nau… anyway una try sha