Home
All Categories
Football
Other Sports
General
Blog
Sports Extra

Does winning with different clubs make Ronaldo greater than Messi?

The goal of every professional footballer should be to win, at least that is the objective. However, it seems there are levels of winning according to Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is often being compared with rival Lionel Messi. Both players have been crowned world player of the year on five occasions. Both have loyal fans and AR regarded as one of the greatest to have ever played the game.

The Portuguese captain, however, sparked controversy on social media with comments hinting he is greater than Messi.

Speaking on DAZN’s documentary, ‘The Making Of’, Ronaldo said “The difference with Messi is that I played for several clubs and won the Champions League with different clubs.

“I was top scorer in the Champions League six seasons in a row. There aren’t many players who won five Champions League trophies, so this is why I feel that I can identify myself with this tournament.

On the international level, Ronaldo has won two titles and if he based his argument on that there would have been far less outrage.

Is winning with different clubs the yardstick to determine who the better player is? If so Clarance Seedorf won with three teams, Xherdan Shaqiri, Toni Kroos, Xabi Alonso and Samuel Eto’o, also did yet are not in the conversation for greatest ever.

Is Ronaldo right basing his argument that he is better than Messi because he won with multiple clubs? Join the conversation

Playing for different club or one club is a choice. A player can start from a big club and decide to remain there if it’s giving 100% performance. Which cother club can pay Messi sign on fees. Playing for one club does not make Messi less than Ronaldo. Changing club can’t make u the best.