Home
All Categories
Football
Other Sports
General
Blog
Sports Extra

Do Arsenal now have the best-attacking lineup in the Premier League? Join the conversation

It is now official; Ivory Coast forward has joined Premier League giants Arsenal where he is expected to form a devastating attacking trio with Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Gone are the days of boring, passive, possessional football under Arsene Wenger, if last season is anything to go by the addition of Pepe makes the Gunners trio one of the deadliest in the Premier League. Aubameyang scored 31 goals adding 8 assists, Lacazette scored 19 goals along with 13 assists, while Pep scored 23 goals to go with 13 assists all season, a stats that swallows the goal contribution of all their rivals in the premier league. Under Unai Emery, the Gunners have shown signs of a gradual but silent revolution from the former era and the addition of Pepe expedites the process. This may just be the birth of a new invincible team at Arsenal, the Gunners suffered from the absence of penetration play from the flanks last season as they capitulated in their quest to seal a Champions League spot last season. Unlike Alex Iwobi and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Pepe is a constant goal threat, his positioning, pace and trickery bring Arsenal what they were lacking last season. The addition of Spanish playmaker Dani Ceballos should unlock the potential of the front three who have shown that either one can find the back of the net. Does Arsenal now have the best-attacking lineup in the Premier League? Join the conversation

1 Like

I shake my head for arsenal. This team will still retain their 6th position. Over 2.5 is the sure odd. Arsenal has no problem in the attack. Their problem lies in their defence

Arguably yes. But they must prove in the coming season that they can hold their own against City forwards and Liverpool attackers.

How can they hold them selves with poor defence line. Look at Man u recruiting a key defender. Which solves half of their problem

I am not impressed the age long problem of Arsenal lies in the leaking defense which the Coach needs to work upon this season by signing up rugged defenders.

Younger kolscieny departs as old David Louis sets to come in