Home
All Categories
Football
Other Sports
General
Blog
Sports Extra

Can Victor Osimhen be the new Rashidi Yekini?

image !
Last season will remain a remarkable one in the career of Victor Osimhen as he had a brilliant outing with Belgian League side; Sporting Charleroi. He scored 20 goals in 36 appearances for the club, a feat he did not achieve with his parent club; Wolfsburg after spending two seasons with them. His growth in the last three years has been enviable and that has just gotten him a deal worth 20 million pounds according to reports as he joins French Ligue 1 side; Lille. From all indications, he is set to start for the French club and will also play in the UEFA Champions League.

Although he only got about 45 minutes at the just concluded Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt and he wasn’t exactly impressive in the game against Tunisia, he remains one of the brightest young players for the Super Eagles. Having had an exceptional outing at the FIFA Under 17 Championship in Chile in 2015, and his level of progress so far, Osimhen has been touted to have a great career in the national team especially now that the number 9 the position is vacant due to the retirement of Odion Ighalo.

His goal scoring abilities are unquestionable and his ability to hold up play and bully defenders because of his height is also a plus for the young striker. Is it safe to say that the Super Eagles will likely have a reincarnation of the legendary striker; Rashidi Yekini in Victor Osimhen?

I think he has the potentials to be but he needs to muscle up!

Maybe, Maybe not, he has to be consistent to get that level. However, he remains a good finisher and his height will help him a lot

Story… Because he signed for lilie? Mstchwww. That’s not even worth comparing. Please tell us another story.

Too early to say. Yekini set a very high standard at club and country. Osimhen will have to work extremely hard to be compared to the late Goalsfather.

Really too early for this. Moreover, Yekini was Yekini. Osimhen is Osimhen. Who says Osimhen can’t be better than the great Yekini. That’s what we hope for and should be for the good of the future Super Eagles we hope for.

Yes, that’s what we hope for. I would have loved it if Osimhen with his physique and build is blessed with the speed and skills of Henry Onyekuru. But I guess no one has it all.

if Rohr will let him and not keep him sitting on the bench. Mate scored 2 goals on his Lille debut. He has all the trappings to be the next yekini, but he needs regular playing time with the Eagles, something Gernhot might not be so generous with

I don’t see him becoming the new Rasheed Yekini. If he keeps the fire burning he will break goal record set by Late Rasheed Yekini. He’s going to play better than Yekini